Sunday, October 19, 2008

Intros

"You guys are my best friends." "Yeah, you’re my best friends, too." "And mine, too."
And we all really were best friends. It wasn’t a big production, but we didn’t need one. We all knew those simple words really meant a lot to each other. We were eating dinner at our favorite restaurant on a typical Friday night. It’s the simple ways of finding fun and reassuring each other of promises in small ways that keep us best friends.

I absolutely melted. Never had a single hug meant more than that in my entire life.
I can honestly say it was one of the worst days of my entire life, and all I needed was a hug. As soon as school let out I ran to go find him and I did right away. I threw my bag down and burst into tears. I didn’t have to explain myself or put on a grown up act. All I had to do was open my arms and in return I got one of the best hugs I could have ever asked for. It was a hug that screamed "I love you."

We were all together for a whole week. Who knew what was going to happen?
We sure didn’t know what was going to happen but we knew it would be fun. Four best friends going away down the cape together for a whole week. Especially with us, no one knew what was coming, but then again we never do. Summer 2008 was the most fun summer I ever had, and it was going to end this week. We all knew that since it was ending, we had to end it in the best way possible.

I passed the test on Monday, June 30th.
I had been talking about it for about the past year: my permit test. I’m the youngest out of pretty much all of my friends and I was just able to get my permit when everyone else was getting there licenses. I was so jealous of everyone else and I made an even bigger deal about wanting to drive. Of course since I wanted my permit so badly, my birthday naturally had to fall on a Sunday when the DMV isn’t open, so I had to wait a whole extra day. Not studying for the test I was very nervous, and I thought I failed, but I ended up passing, and got to drive that same day.


And sometimes I can't breathe, but in the best way possible.
Nothing big even has to happen. Sometimes it's just a look, a hug, or grabbing my hand, but it's all of the little things that add up to meaning a lot that can take your breath away. When that happens its the best feeling in the world and nothing could be better. It makes you smile from the inside out and theres is absolutely nothing that could mean more.

No comments: