Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Forgiveness Letter

Dear Hannah,

I think you know what this is going to be about. Before I start, I just want you to know that I love you, even when you hurt me and make me angrier than I could ever believe. It’s just that lately, you haven’t been there for me like I’ve needed you to be. I’d do absolutely anything in the world for you, and you know that. I feel like lately I’ve put in all of the effort, and I’m tired of you not giving any back. It truly hurts me to think that you don’t put the effort back in. I know you care, but it hurts to think that you don’t want to show me that you do. My 18th birthday Hannah, and you didn’t even get me anything. My own girlfriend didn’t even get me a present. I don’t even really want anything, I just wanted the effort from you more than anything, and for you to show me that you care. It’s not about my birthday or what you were planning on getting me. That’s not the point, it’s just the point that I hope will make you see everything. I’m only human and I can’t be in a one way relationship. I know you care about me and if this is going to work I need you to show me. My birthday was just the final thing that made me see why I’ve been unhappy and it was just the final straw that made everything hurt even worse. It’s that you haven’t been trying for me that hurts the most.

Hannah I wrote you this not out of anger, but out of forgiveness. You hurt me, and I’m not going to deny that you did at all, but I forgive you. It’s because I care about you that you can hurt me. It’s not the first time you’ve hurt me, and to be honest it won’t be the last. I trust you and I know that you’re always going to try for me. It’s because I have faith in you that you really do care enough about me and about us, that you will work to make all of this better. That’s why I’m able to forgive you, because I know that you would, and that you have done the same for me. I’m going to be honest that forgiving you isn’t easy, but for you and us I can do it. I love you.

Love you always,
Elio

No comments: